Platypus Flat campground is an idyllic setting among the tall trees and rugged granite gorges of Nymboi-Binderay National Park on the Dorrigo plateau. Overlooking the rainforest-lined river banks of Nymboida River, it’s an ideal spot for adventure-seekers who love kayaking, walking and fishing. Located along the Moonpar Forest drive, pitch your tent and settle in before you explore this rugged country. Launch your canoe for a paddling trip along the beautiful river, or try a guided rafting or kayak adventure. In the heat of summer, the nearby swimming hole is excellent for a refreshing dip. In the evening, stoke up a campfire in one of the fire pits and settle back for a wood-fired barbecue feast. If you’re keen to see some wildlife, grab a torch and look for tiger quolls, gliders and owls.
Suitable for tents only. Visitors may have a short walk to find a tent site.
- Picnic tables
- Drinking water
What to Bring
- Drinking and cooking water
- Check in 12pm, check out 11am
- A maximum of 2 sites can be booked in 1 customer name.
- This is a remote campground so you'll need to be self sufficient.
- The Nymboida River downstream from Platypus Flat campground is remote and inaccessible. It has dangerous rapids (up to Grade 6). Only experienced, well-equipped and prepared whitewater paddlers should attempt this river.
- Always check for road closures before starting your journey. This campground is remote and weather can change quickly.
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500546 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Clouds Creek, New South Wales, 2453
Coordinates & Contact Details-30.1856, 152.691802 6657 2309
what 3 wordsdislodged.discounted.smidgeDorrigo, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/