Wuruma Dam is located 47km north west of Eidsvold. It is a popular spot for fishing and water sports with no vessel restrictions. Camping at Wuruma Dam is permitted in the designated camping areas only. No bookings are required and all camping is free-of-charge, however stays are restricted to a maximum of two weeks. Camp sites must be at least 10 metres from the water to give ample time for relocation if water levels rise.
There is no treated water available at Wuruma Dam. Pets are allowed provided they are kept on leash.
The Wuruma Dam Fish Restocking Association stock fish including barramundi, Australian bass, golden perch and silver perch. There are breeding populations of eel-tailed catfish, spangled perch and eels.A 200 metre exclusion zone for boating exists from the dam wall. Fishing permits are required all year round.Recreational fishing competitions are held annually with fantastic prizes on offer.
Facilities provided at the dam include: sheltered picnic tables, toilet amenities, sealed roads, and boat ramp.
- Sunwater has opened a new camping site near the dam wall and spillway.
- The site contains 40 designated, clearly marked camping spaces on flat terrain
- Recreational day use of the foreshore and boat ramp will continue to be permitted.
- No bookings are required and all camping is free of charge, however stays are restricted to maximum of three weeks in any four week period.
- Waste water from camp sites and caravans must be redirected away from the lake or self-contained. Take your rubbish with you and dispose of it responsibly.
- Generators must be low decibel and operated during daylight hours only
- Tap water is not suitable for drinking, we strongly recommend campers to bring drinking water supplies.
AddressWuruma Dam Log Hut Road
Wuruma Dam, Queensland, 4627
Coordinates & Contact Details-25.19693556, 150.9901309907 4165 7200
what 3 wordsreveal.unwritten.shapersGayndah, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/