Located 195kms east of Esperance, access via Fisheries Road and then Fisheries track. (Fisheries Road 105km of bitumen road, followed by a further 26km gravel road. Beyond the gazetted public road, there is a flat bladed sandy track for the last 64km to Israelite Bay). Access is 4WD only. Track Closures can be in place after wet weather, please check our current Road Closures
Israelite bay is located on the western shore of the Great Australian Bight. The area covers the coastal areas from Point Dempster just south of Israelite Bay to Point Lorenzen to the east. In the winter months (May – October) whales are frequently seen in the protected bay with calves.
Part of the reserve is under a management order with the National Trust of Australia to ensure that the historical buildings are preserved. The major features on the reserve are the remains of the original Israelite Bay Telegraph Station, the Telegraph Station, which had preservation works undertaken in 2002, one cottage with roof intact (Cooks Cottage) a ruin of a cottage and a multiple grave sites.
There are no facilities at Israelite bay and visitors need to be self-sufficient. There is no phone coverage in this remote area.
You can help to preserve these unique natural areas by observing the following rules:
- Camping is allowed in designated bays only.
- No open fires from 1 November to 30 April.
- Please use toilets where provided to protect our environment and for the health of other campers.
- Generators are to be set up within camp sites and only used between the hours of 7 AM – 10 PM.
- Please put rubbish in the bin. If bins are full please take your rubbish with you.
- Please respect the native environment by staying on tracks and not damaging live vegetation.
- Please do not feed the wildlife.
- Cats and dogs permitted. Must be on lead or contained within camp site.
- There are no dumping points on site. The nearest dump disposal facility is located on Sheldon Road, Esperance. Please take a portaloo to campsites without facilitie
Israelite Bay, Western Australia, 6452
Coordinates & Contact Details-33.621378, 123.86615708 9083 1555
what 3 wordspromo.ditsy.adaptedEsperance, Western Australiahttps://what3words.com/