The lake is located within the south-west region of Western Australia, 10km south-east of Collie. The name Lake Kepwari comes from the local Wiilman language ‘Kepwari’ meaning ‘playing in water’. There are parking bays, accessible toilets and barbecue shelters by the lake.
There is a designated water ski area on the lake with a boat ramp and parking for boat trailers. For boating regulations and safety information please check the Department of Transport water ski information. The calm waters are perfect for swimming and canoeing activities on the lake. Even though inland waterways look inviting, especially when the surface is calm, they pose many hidden dangers. Know the risks and how to swim safely. Try your luck fishing for redfin perch and marron, but be aware there is a fishing season and a licence is required. For more information visit The Department of Fisheries website. Enjoy a picnic or barbecue in the shelters overlooking the lake. Gas barbecues are provided. Be prepared as tank water is available but is not treated. All water should be treated before drinking by vigorous boiling for at least one minute. Please use water sparingly. Generators are permitted from 8am-6pm, provided they are not overly noisy. Campfires are only permitted seasonally, for use in provided fire rings only. The usual permitted season is April – November. These dates may be extended. Bring your own firewood, do not chop live trees or use dead wood on the ground. Ground fires are not permitted at any time. For more information please see campfire and firewood.
- Burra campground has 21 campsites, suitable for most camping equipment including tents, campervans and camper trailers. Please note that the campsite surface is compacted gravel.
- Bring your own drinking water, as tank water is available but is not treated. Treat before drinking by vigorous boiling for at least one minute. Please use water sparingly.
- Rubbish bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish home with you and leave all areas clean and tidy.
- Generators are permitted from 8am-6pm, provided they are not overly noisy.
- Campfires are only permitted seasonally. Fire rings are provided for your use. The usual permitted season is April – November. These dates may be extended, for more information about campfires, please see campfire and firewood. Bring your own firewood, do not chop live trees or use dead wood on the ground. Ground fires are not permitted at any time.
Bookings are essential when camping at Lake Kepwari.
Collie, Western Austra;oa, 6225
Coordinates & Contact Details-33.4592, 116.23408 9735 1988
what 3 wordswangle.minibus.nitrogenCollie, Western Australiahttps://what3words.com/