Visitors experience a remote and restricted area of Kakadu in an environmentally and culturally sensitive way; by way of small group tours led by experienced guides and lodge hosts.
The lodge is situated in an extremely special and justifiably renowned part of the Park, known as Cannon Hill, which has abundant wildlife, especially bird and marine life, and where a large diversity of the Park’s landscape elements come together.
The area has considerable importance to the local Aboriginal people, some of whom still live nearby to the lodge. In fact the whole of the Cannon Hill area where the camp is situated is a registered sacred site. The sandstone outliers around Cannon Hill host significant rock art dating back many thousands of years.
- Operates daily between 1st May & 30th September annually
- Exclusive access to a restricted area of Kakadu National Park with transfers to & from the Border Store
- Comfortable tented cabins with ensuite facilities & decks
- Daily evening guided tour for lodge guests to explore rock art sites & sunset on the escarpment
- Extended accommodation & touring options with Arnhemlander Tour and or Guluyambi Cruise are available for 1 & 2 night stays
- Knowledgeable and experienced camp hosts and guides
- Three-course home style dinner & breakfast included
Jabiru, Northern Territory, 0822
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordspesto.smothered.quitMcMinns Lagoon, Northern Territoryhttps://what3words.com/