Choof Choof Camping and Picnic Area is situated on a backwater of the Cann River, adjacent to Lake Furnell 20km south of the Cann River Township within the Tamboon State Forest, which is managed by the Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE).
Choof Choof Picnic and Camping Area provides an ideal base location to set up camp and then go fishing, swimming, walking, or exploring the Tamboon Inlet, one of the region’s beautiful coastal attractions, which can be reached by boat, with a boat ramp located at nearby Furnells Landing.
From Melbourne travel east to Cann River via the Princes Highway. Depart Cann River via the southward-bound Tamboon Road. Travel this sealed road for 15km, and a further 10km on the now gravel Tamboon Road. Turn right onto Choof Choof Track and after 450m you will reach the picnic and camping area.
This site is accessible to both 2WD and 4WD vehicles during dry weather, but only 4WD vehicles when wet.
• There is one main campsite which has a composting toilet, two picnic tables, and a central solid fuel fireplace, available for both campers and those visiting for the day. Firewood is supplied to this site.
• Remember do not light fires on a day of Total Fire Ban.
• There are no facilities for rubbish collection. Please take your rubbish with you when departing.
• The water in the river is brackish and not suitable for consumption. Please carry drinking water with you.
• Due to limited parking space and track conditions the site is not suited to vehicles towing boats or caravans.
Tamboon, Victoria, 3890
Coordinates & Contact Details-37.716303, 149.12821413 61 86
what 3 wordssteamy.sandbags.failsBombala, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/