Escape the city lights and get back to basics at this quiet riverside campground. Surrounded by forest, it’s a picturesque spot for birdwatching with views across the river and not a soul in sight. Enjoy 4WDing or cycling through the forest and admire the ironbarks, angophoras banksias and blackbutt trees along the way. Once you arrive, set up your tent, then it’s time to relax and recharge. Launch your canoe or kayak into the river and paddle off to explore. Take a walk in the forest, cast your fishing line into the river or just lie back and listen to the chorus of birds in the trees above. As dusk sets in, keep your eyes out for swamp wallabies and ring-tailed and brush-tailed possums around the campsite. Then get ready for a peaceful night around the campfire and a bit of stargazing.
Little Mountain campground is a quiet riverside camping area in Karuah National Park. Enjoy 4WD touring, mountain biking, fishing, paddling and birdwatching from your campsite near Karuah.
Little Mountain campground is in Karuah National Park. To get there:
- Turn onto Bucketts Way from Pacific Highway
- Continue for approximately 9km then turn right onto Hobarts Road, just past Limeburners Creek.
- Continue for approximately 3km then turn right onto Little Mountain Road
- Follow for another 3km until you reach the campground
- Camper trailer site
- Camping beside vehicle
What to Bring
- Drinking and cooking water
- Insect repellent
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500652&type_id=3953&_ga=2.35161953.1589279367.1616538578-2051782135.1568159389 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Sites are unmarked sites and unpowered
- This is a remote campground, so please make sure you arrive well-prepared.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- Noise restrictions apply at this campground
- Be aware that mosquitoes are common, particularly during the summer months.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Little Mountain campground can become boggy and inaccessible when it rains.
AddressLittle Mountain Forest Road
Karuah National Park, New South Wales, 2324
Coordinates & Contact Details-32.60599, 151.9464102 4984 8200http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/Little-Mountain-campground
what 3 wordsmobiles.kindly.dormsClarence Town, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/