Set up camp in this peaceful camping area that has stunning lake and forest views and rich birdlife. Think back to a time when this area bustled with children at the Euramoo State School. The school opened in 1924 for the children of local settlers and 376 pupils attended over the next 34 the years. When the school closed it was moved to another site, and was later destroyed by fire. Swim, canoe and fish from this camping area, or jump in your 4WD and explore the feature-packed Danbulla Drive. Enjoy a cool rainforest walk, or take in the stunning views from the Gillies lookout. Remember to take your lunch because there are quaint picnic areas scattered along the drive.
Getting there and getting around
- School Point camping area is in Danbulla State Forest, on the central part of the Atherton Tableland, 70km (1.5hrs) from Cairns.
- The camping area is 1km from Danbulla Road, 16km from the western entrance and 12km from the eastern entrance, on Danbulla Road.
- Most of Danbulla Road is unsealed but it is accessible to all vehicles.
- You can also get to the camping area by boat.
This area was the site of the Euramoo State School before the dam was constructed. The camping area is 1km from Danbulla Road and has a limited number of attractive sites with wonderful views of the dam, pine plantations and landscaped surrounds. Each site has a tap.
Location: turn off Danbulla Road 16km from the western entrance, or 12km from the eastern entrance and follow the road 1km to the camping area.
Camping beside car or camper trailer. For camp sites 10 and 11, vehicles cannot be driven onto the site - there is a short walk from the parking area to the site.
- Flushing toilets
- Taps and shower room (bring own shower).
Danbulla, Queensland, 4872
Coordinates & Contact Details-17.148, 145.612113 74 68
what 3 wordsreckons.coasted.convertedTolga, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/