Discovery Bay offers a range of coastal environments with spectacular scenic values, including rugged cliffs, extensive beaches, mobile dune fields, wetlands and woodland forest communities.
Victoria's highest coastal cliffs and the Cape Nelson lighthouse are located at the eastern end of Discovery Bay. The Cape Bridgewater fur seal colony is also a significant feature of the Park. A significant dune system extends from Nelson to Whites Beach limiting vehicle access to a few locations.
Swan Lake campground is accessible by 2WD however:
- The road is gravel and there is a steep descent into the campground. Visitors towing a caravan will need a 4WD vehicle.
- The road from Swan Lake campground to the beach is 4WD only
- Hikers can access the campground along the Great South West Walk.
There are 5 campsites available accommodating a maximum of 6 people per site. All campsites are unpowered and are suitable for one camper-trailer or a medium sized tent. Bookings are required for this campsite.
- Non-flush toilets
- Shared picnic tables
- Bore water (treat before drinking)
- Shared fireplaces available.
AddressGreat South West Walk
Mt Richmond, Victoria, 3305
Coordinates & Contact Details-38.214108, 141.31222513 19 63
what 3 wordsvibrates.bedridden.partiedPortland, Victoriahttps://what3words.com/