Grampians Paradise Camping and Caravan Parkland offers:
Large Grassed Sites, Mountain Views, Shady Trees, and Lots of Space.
Facilities include hot showers, children's bathroom, accessible bathroom with toilet and shower and camp kitchen.
We are 750 metres off the edge of the Grampians National Park, under its highest mountains, just 15 minutes drive south south-east of Halls Gap at 443 Long Gully Rd Pomonal 3381, Victoria, Australia.
6 berth (sleeps up to 6 people) retro onsite caravans
6.7 metre or 5.9 metre long with double bed, and semi-separate area with four single bunks.
3 and 4 berth vintage onsite caravans (currently Koala and Kookaburra Vans are not available)
3.3 metre or 3.9 metre long. Either double bed or two single beds and table that lets down to make double bed. Best suited for two people.
- Well grassed sites with 15amp power outlet. Shady or sunny sites.
- Our powered sites are large, and grassy sites in a parkland setting, many with beautiful large trees (some shady, some sunny. P1 and P2 have views of the mountains, and L1, L2 and L3 overlook our little lake). The powered sites are much like our unpowered sites, are mixed in together with the unpowered sites , and other than the powered sites have electricity supplied to them, you can't tell them apart.
- Not included: No potable water to the sites (there is a centralised treated drinking water tap for filling water bottles).
- Not included: There are no concrete pads (our sites are all grassy sites).
- Not included: There is no sullage at the sites. Grey water is ok to put on the ground which it readily soaks into.
- Not included: We do not have a dump point for toilet waste (there is one in Ararat and Stawell - each 30 minutes drive away).
Unpowered camping sites
- Well grassed spacious sunny or shady sites.
- Our unpowered sites (like our powered sites) are large to very large. Some are huge, at up 350 square metres and able to comfortably take a group up up to 15 people of 3 families. Others are more suited to a single family, a couple or even an individual.
- Some have views of the mountains, some are amounts the big trees, and some over look our little lakes and wetland ponds.
Camp Kitchen facilities
- Our basic camp kitchenette is outdoors with a roof (set up on a veranda), has a gas stove top and grill; gas cooking ring, and three gas barbecues, a shared refrigerator and electric kettles and a toaster.
- You need to bring your own kitchen equipment (pots, fry pan, cutlery, plates, bowls etc).
- What we don't have: Please note that there is no microwave.
- Outdoor wash-up sinks with hot and cold water are located at the Amenities Block.
If you are after large, grassy sites, spread out spaciously in a beautiful setting, some with views of the mountains, some amongst the big trees and some with views over our little lakes and wetland ponds, and some basic facilities (showers with hot and cold water, flushing toilets, dish washing sinks, a centralised treated drinking water tap and very basic camp kitchen), then Grampians Paradise could be just what you are looking for.
Some people are after other things. Here's a list of what we don't have, to help you work out if you would enjoy a stay at Grampians Paradise.
Not supplied: No potable water to the sites, no sullage at sites, no concrete pads for caravans, no dump point for toilet waste, no street lights or paved roads, no playground (just lots of space for play), no shop (The Grampians Store is 10 minutes drive, away where there is Petrol, Diesel and Ice) and no wifi (Telstra, Optus and only some Vodafone's have data and call coverage in the camping ground). There is 4 km of gravel road into Grampians Paradise.
There is however TV reception, but the camp kitchen does not have a microwave.
We do however have lots of native birds and animals around, some of the best views of the Grampians and we never let our parkland grounds get crowded.
A community lounge room with glass fronted wood fire heater and air conditioner, comfortable chairs to lounge in, tables to eat at or play cards and a table tennis table. On Rainy days, or when the temperature is too high to be comfortable outdoors the Hub makes for a welcome retreat.
Address443 Long Gully Road
Pomonal, Victoria, 3381
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsdistinctly.reversible.tailwindStawell, Victoriahttps://what3words.com/