Gap Creek campground is perfect for families and adventure travellers alike. The natural setting is outstanding, with colourful plant life, like red cedars and blue gums, coupled with amazing birdlife like lyrebirds as your backdrop. It’s impossible not to feel relaxed here, particularly in late summer when the rainforest is cool and quiet. For something truly spectacular, the Gap Creek walking track can be traced to the impressive Gap Creek waterfall, cascading more than 40m after heavy rains – so don’t forget your camera. Afterwards, head back to the campground for a barbecue and maybe a game of cricket. The trees provide plenty of shade for that afternoon nap to wind down after an adventurous day. Alternative camping spots can be found at Bangalow campground, an easy 1km down the road. This campground offers everything you need for a relaxing and private getaway, with immediate access to walking tracks and a dramatic waterfall.
Gap Creek campground is in north eastern section of Watagans National Park. To get there:
- Take the Cessnock exit off the F3 (Freemans Waterhole)
- Turn right onto Freemans Drive, Cooranbong, then right onto Mount Faulk Road into the park.
- Turn left into Bangalow Road
- It’s approximately 4.8km from the turnoff, past Bangalow camping area.
- Camper trailer site
- Camping beside vehicle
- Picnic tables
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500652&type_id=3947&_ga=2.29437183.1589279367.1616538578-2051782135.1568159389 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Campsites are small, unmarked and unpowered
- Campsites at Gap Creek campground are not suitable for large groups.
- There is no mobile phone coverage from this location
- This is a remote campground, so please make sure you arrive well prepared.
Cooranbong, New South Wales, 2265
Coordinates & Contact Details-33.0136, 151.429702 4972 9000
what 3 wordsbarked.patting.remitCooranbong, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/