Surveyed by surveyor, Harry Sanford King around 1889-90, Billiburning Rock is situated in the north-east of the Shire near the vermin proof fence. This rock is part of a large natural forest reserve, a relatively undisturbed bushland area. It has attractive flora and fauna, fantastic views from the top and is a pleasant place for a picnic or to camp. Billiburning also offers many great photographic opportunities. Located on the reserve are a gnamma hole and a soak which are easily accessible. Billiburning Reserve is located towards the northern end of the Mt Marshall Shire. The northern end of the reserve backs onto the vermin proof fence which separates Billiburning Reserve from the Karroun Hill Nature Reserve.
To get to Billiburning Rock, take Ingleton Rd north from the Beacon townsite for 30 km to the intersection of White Rd and Huckstep Rd. Travel north along White Rd for another 3 km to the Billiburning Rock entrance which is on the west side of the road.