Derby Park is a popular riverside camp ground in the historic town of Derby. Located centrally to walks, fishing, cafes, awesome mountain bike trails, art and crafts, and quirky gift shops. It is a fantastic base for your holiday. Public toilets, showers, potable water and gas BBQs are available, and best of all, camping is free! Bookings not required.
Conditions of Stay
- Derby Park is a free camping area.
- Maximum stay is strictly 14 days.
- Shower facilities are located in the Park and also in Main Street behind the Tin Centre, and are both coin operated. Showers are to be left in a clean and tidy state.
- Security of your van/tent and belongings is your responsibility.
- Solid fuel fires are not allowed during Total Fire Ban Periods. Any other time of the year, solid fuel fires are permitted –but strictly in off-the-ground fire pots/stoves only. You will have to supply your own fire pot and wood/fuel. Please be considerate towards other campers –if wind conditions are likely to blow smoke into other campsites, don’t light a fire!
- It is prohibited to use generators, power tools or chainsaws anywhere in Derby Park.
- Pets/animals are permitted within Derby Park. Pets must be controlled at all times whilst in the park.
- The Accommodation and Hospitality Standard for Australia prescribes free passage of 2.4 m between caravan/tent sites. The space is for free passage in case of emergency.
- Please exercise consideration at all times in regards to noise.
- If you have a concern or complaint please report it to Dorset Council on 6352 6500, or for after-hours emergency the number is 1300 858 824.