Melaleuca campground is Limeburners Creek’s best-kept secret. Located alongside a privately owned waterway, this picturesque coastal campground is tucked away from the strong coastal winds and offers a place of peaceful solitude for those looking to get away from it all. Once you’re there, you’ll have the place to yourself. Your only visitors might be a goanna or a dingo scavenging for food, so keep things well-secured. Find a grassy campsite to pitch your tent or park your caravan looking out across the tranquil waters, with the lush rainforest behind you. Unwind in the tranquillity of this peaceful setting or head off to explore the rare coastal rainforest on Big Hill Rainforest walking track. There’s also great surfing, swimming and snorkelling at the nearby beaches.
Getting There and Parking
Melaleuca campground is in the northern precinct of Limeburners Creek National Park.
To get there:
- Drive towards Crescent Head from Kempsey
- As you enter Crescent Head village, turn right into Point Plomer Road, also known as Bakers Road.
- Continue for approximately 14km along gravel road to Big Hill
- At the Big Hill entrance to the park, take the inland road for approximately 500m to the campground.
- RV sites
- Tent sites
- Camper trailer sites
- Camping beside vehicle
What to Bring
- Drinking and cooking water
- Fuel stove
- There are no marked sites and sites are not powered
- This is a remote campground, so please make sure you arrive well prepared.
- A maximum of 2 sites can be booked in one customer name
- Fires are only permitted in off-ground braziers. You can hire a brazier from the campground manager.
- Noise restrictions apply at this campground after 10pm
- There is no public use (for example, kayaking or swimming) of the waterway adjacent to Melaleuca campground. The waterway is privately owned and is not for the use of national park visitors.
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500661&_ga=2.204016784.1445617960.1620795135-2051782135.1568159389 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. Park entry fees apply and can be purchased at the time of booking or from the campground manager on site.
AddressPoint Plomer Road
Crescent Head, New South Wales, 2440
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordscrisps.gossip.sensedCrescent Head, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/