Tucked inland from the beach, your camp site will be sheltered from strong ocean winds and surrounded by a shady woodland. Explore the nearby Wungul Sandblow or head to the beach for a stroll along the sandy shore. If you’re feeling energetic, the 22.4km return Lake Bowarrady walk is for you. As the sun sets, grab your firewood and camp chairs and join the other campers around the fire. Swap your favourite island yarns to the backdrop of waves gently crashing ashore. Greet the morning sun as it rises over the ocean horizon and see how many of the island's birds make an appearance. This park is part of the Fraser Island World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of coastal dune landform development and evolutionary history.
Note: this camping area has a dingo deterrent fence and is recommended for families with children 14 years and under.
Dundubara camping area is on K'gari (Fraser Island), 15km off the coast of Hervey Bay and about 300km north of Brisbane.
- The camping area is on the Eastern Beach scenic drive, 41.4km north of the Eurong township and 26.9km south of Waddy Point beachfront camping area.
- The Eastern Beach scenic drive is only accessible 2hrs either side of low tide.
- Water taps (please treat water before drinking)
- Flushing toilets
- Coin-operated hot showers
- Picnic tables
- Communal fire rings and washing up facilities
- Rubbish bins are at QPWS waste transfer station on the beach—1km north of the Dundubara entrance track
- A portable toilet waste disposal facility is located on the Dundubara entrance track.
Essentials to Bring
Fuel or gas stoves, first-aid kit, prescription medicines (if needed), water containers, rubbish bags, insect repellent, $2 coins for showers, untreated milled timber off-cuts if you wish to use the communal fire rings, sand pegs, tarpaulins, extra poles, ropes and lockable food storage containers. Smokers should bring small sealable canisters for cigarette butts. Also see: before you visit.
Address75 Mile Beach Road
Fraser Island, Queensland, 4581
Coordinates & Contact Details-25.1668, 153.283513 74 68
what 3 wordsmiracles.dicey.haveUrangan, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/