We are situated at the northern end of the famous Bloomfield track (currently 4wd) in the little township of Ayton on the Bloomfield River, Ayton is also just 1 hour south of Cooktown on a new sealed highway. Our beach camp is 10 acres including 5 acres of spectacular rain forest, a paradise for birds both large and small and home to a variety of local wildlife. It is a beautiful and relaxing place to spend a few peaceful days, or weeks…
There are shady powered as well as unpowered sites or if you fancy a bit of indulgence, there are several cabins, safari tents and even a two bedroom fully self contained cottage. Also on site are clean toilet and shower facilities, laundry and a large, well appointed kitchen. Telstra mobile phone reception is also now available. The camping area is close to the beautiful Weary Bay, and just a stones throw from the Bloomfield River. The Roaring Meg Falls, high up in the Ranges makes a great outing and a great spot for a swim.
A perfect spot to park up and explore the wealth of interesting locations all around, or just come for the sensational fishing. Fishing in both the ocean and river is great for people with or without boats. There is an excellent concrete boat ramp on the river or just fish off the river bank or river mouth for some great catches. The Great Barrier Reef is offshore from the mouth of the Bloomfield River. Hope Island is a close, popular destination with great snorkelling. The township of Ayton has a well stocked IGA Store for supplies, a great cafe and some interesting galleries, “The Black Cockatoo” is a must see and the indigenous gallery at Wujal Wujal has local talented artists displaying their work.
We are pet friendly and during the dry season offer a licensed restaurant.
Bloomfield Beach Camp offers visitors budget cabin accommodation, camping grounds and large well equiped Camp Kitchen. at the northern end of the Cairns – Cooktown – Cape York allwheel drive Bloomfield Track and CREB Track.
Bloomfield Beach Camp is the ideal central location for tourists visiting:
- Historic Cooktown
- Bloomfield Falls and Roaring Meg Falls (on the CREB Track)
- Cedar Bay and Black Mountain National Parks
- Daintree and Cape Tribulation National Parks
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and Hope Islands.
- Bloomfield River – Self-drive hire boats for fishing, croc spotting or sight-seeing (no licence required) and boat transfers from Bloomfield River to Cedar Bay or Hope Island
Cairns, which has an international airport, is 188kms south of Bloomfield via Bloomfield Track or 388Kms using the Mulligan Hwy (sealed road) via Mareeba.
How to get here from Cairns ?
- Self-drive – own 4-wheel drive vehicle (or hire vehicle in Cairns) and travel via the magnificent Bloomfield Track or CREB Track. (See Trek notes)
- Hinterland Aviation – a magnificent flight along the tropical coast between Cairns and Cooktown. For further information please check: www.hinterlandaviation.com.au
- 4wd Coach service Cairns to Cooktown via Bloomfield Track. For further information please check www.transnorthbus.com
Address2869 Rossville Bloomfield Road
Ayton, Queensland, 4895
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordscuddled.docking.blunterCooktown, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/