MT Carbine Caravan Park is ideally located for the traveller wishing to explore Far North Queensland -whether it be the Palmer River Gold Fields, Lakeland Downs with its vast cropping areas, the Annan Gorge, the mysterious Black Mountains, the Mt Mulligan Coal field, the beautiful Daintree Rainforest and historic Cooktown.
While you are relaxing in our peaceful surrounds, enjoy activities that include bird watching, bushwalking and there are a multitude of 4WD tracks for the enthusiast.
MT Carbine Caravan Park is located near the following Major Centres:
- 135 km north-west of Cairns
- 68 km north of Mareeba
- 197 km south of Cooktown
- 70 km west of Port Douglas
Come and stay with us in the former Mining Village at “MTCarbine Caravan Park” and explore some of MT Carbine’s unique history.
Surrounded by mountains, with the great dividing range three kilometers away the caravan park is 351 meters above sea level and there are several mountain peaks between 1200 and 1320 meters which offer you the opportunity to go bush walking and mountain/rock climbing. The former wolframite(Tungsten) mine has re-opened and the over-burden is used as a quarry these days although there is an enormous ore body remaining. The area has had a sheelite mine, many tin mines as well as gold and copper mines. Between the caravan park and the hotel and roadhouse there is the manganese creek which is also popular for swimming in the summer (Wet season). The park is surrounded by the Brooklyn station which is around 59,000 hectares and is in Iron bark country. It is owned by Australian Wildlife Conservancy which is a wildlife conservation park – in perpetuity.
Drive on sealed, good bitumen roads to Mt. Carbine and take advantage of our Free Van/Vehicle Storage facility before venturing north onto rougher dirt roads. This gives the option of travelling up the cape on the inland road and the coastal road on the return trip (or vice versa)
While you stay here we offer you :-
- Large, Shady Caravan and Tent sites
- Concrete Slabs.
- Peaceful, Quiet, Off Main Road.
- Australian Outback Bush Setting.
- Van sites have Water, Power.
- Clean Amenities with a coin operated laundry.
- Hot and cold showers. Ladies have large shower rooms with children’s baths.
- Large, self-contained units set in an Australian Bush Village.
- Bird Watching and Bushwalking in and around the Village.
- Dry, equitable, climate
- Free WiFi available (see office for code – limits apply)
- Free Van/Vehicle Storage for our Customers
Address6806 Mulligan Highway
Mt Carbine, Queensland, 4871
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsmarketplace.smearing.accelerationPort Douglas, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/