Pick a flat, grassy site by the creek and set yourself up amid the rugged sandstone escarpments and dense eucalypt forests. This pretty, sheltered area is loved by birds and wildlife too – you might see wombats, wallaroos, goannas, lyrebirds and tiny sugar gliders and hear the distinctive chiming sound of bellbirds. Take a short walk to the picnic area where you'll find the start of a number of great bushwalks – experience rainforest and dry eucalypt forest, climb up onto the escarpment or ride along the Old Great North Road, part of the Convict Sites of Australia World Heritage Area.
Getting There and Parking
Mill Creek campground is located 6.6km east of the Wisemans Ferry crossing, on the north side of the Hawkesbury River in Dharug National Park. To get there, turn right from the ferry and follow signs for Dharug National Park – Mill Creek campground. Turn left and follow the road for 1.7km to the end, where you’ll find the campground. You can also reach the campground by taking Wisemans Ferry Road from the F3 exits at Calga, Gosford and Peats Ridge. Parking is available at Mill Creek campground.
- For sites 1 to 8 you can park onsite with your campervan, camper trailer or small caravan (4m/13ft).
- For other sites, there are parking spaces along the road through the campground, with camping a short distance from your vehicle (20m to 100m).
- Camper trailer site
- Camping beside vehicle
- BBQ facilities
What to Bring
- Drinking and cooking water
- Insect repellent
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500289&_ga=2.246126916.1553380479.1621207125-2051782135.1568159389 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- To book the group camping area for 15 or more people, you need consent from the Area Manager. Please contact the Bulga office at least 3 weeks before your intended date.
- Minimum 3 night stays apply over Easter.
- Check in after 12pm. Check out before 12pm.
- Sites are marked, unpowered and suitable for up to 6 people.
- There is an exclusive group camp area for up to 70 people, 500m from the general campground.
- Singular or multiple bookings may not exceed 21 days.
- The toilets at this campground are environmentally friendly, waterless, composting micro-flush toilets.
- Mosquitoes numbers can increase after periods of rain. Please bring insect repellent and take extra measures to protect yourself from mozzies.
AddressMill Creek Road
Dharug National Park, New South Wales, 2775
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsvolcano.macho.framingGlenorie, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/