Site no longer offering camping 2.5.2022 LS
Feathers'n'Friends accommodation venue is a fully refurbished 1960's vintage house that is fully self-contained and furnished with modern conveniences to ensure our guests not only experience a homely atmosphere, but can relax in comfort and be totally self-sufficient. All guests need to bring with them, for their stay, is food and personal requirements.
The cottage is located within a large tropical garden and rainforest area that is extremely quiet and peaceful.
The cottage facilities are suitable for individual persons up to groups, with four private bedrooms and fully furnished common areas. One queen size bed, one double bed, plus three single beds comprise the bedding facilities.
Many of our birdwatching friends as well as a few 'grey-nomads' have asked us if we would make low-key, low cost camping spots available on our property.
Fortunately, we have a lot of grassy areas that are suitable for this. Ideal for self-contained caravans. Facilities are provided for backpackers and tenters.
Recently, we have had a few motor home/caravaners and tent-camping guests stay here and they have commented on how quiet, peaceful and enjoyable the 'camping' area is.
The camping site is approximately midway between Mossman and and Mt Molloy and is suitable for day outings to Daintree, Port Douglas, Reef Trips, birdwatching on the property, birdwatching tours, and bush walking.
We invite you to relax in our beautiful part of the world (tropical north Queensland). We are adjacent to Daintree Rainforest and Mt Lewis National Park.
The Feathers'n'Friends camping area is safe, secure, peaceful and very quiet.
Camping guests are welcome to wander through our gardens which contain a large collection of palms, cycads, endemic rainforest, exotic trees and great birdwatching.
Details for Campers
* Caravaners who have self-contained, personal facilities are expected to use their own. A toilet and shower (cold only) is provided for the use by patrons who have no facilities at all.
* Clean, potable water is available for use/topping-up by campers.
* Cost is $8 per person/per night
* No pets allowed in order to protect wildlife which abounds on the property.
* Not ideal for small children due to on-site dams.
* We have mobile phone reception (4G only) and WiFi around the pool.
* A short drive away (6kms) is an excellent restaurant/bar/bottle department that provides lunches/dinners and take-away Pizza.
* Payment is requested on arrival. No credit card facilities available, cash only.
* Tight entry driveway precludes very large motorhomes. Caravans up to about 20 - 23 ft should have no problems.
Address244 Clacherty Road
Julatten, Queensland, 4871
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsdumpling.circuses.snoringPort Douglas, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/