Lake Boondooma is a fishing paradise, located on the Boyne River a little more than 15km from Proston.Boondooma Dam - built across the Boyne River in the early 1980s to supply water for Tarong Power Station - has quickly become one of the most popular recreational fishing spots in South East Queensland.
Boondooma Dam boasts an ultra-modern $900,000 camping ground with self-contained cabins and caravan park facilities was officially opened on the foreshores of Lake Boondooma on the 8th December 2001.If you are looking for a relaxing weekend or even longer, Lake Boondooma is just the stress relief you have been looking for. Bring the caravan, tent or treat yourself to a comfortable cabin, launch your boat on stable maintained boat ramps and prepare for fishing excellence.
Accommodation options below:
Unpowered sites - Lakeside & Lookout Camping Area: there are no designated sites, grassed camp sites, small campfires allowed on outer sites only.
The Terrace Powered & Lookout Powered Sites: Camping or caravans. All sites have water views and close to amenities. Camp fires allowed on outer sites only.
Lookout powered sites - slab powered sites located close to the amenities. They are set up higher and looks out of the water.
Terrace Powered sites (at Lakeside camping area) - lawn powered sites (no slab). They consist of three tiers. First tier are all reverse in sites. Second & Third tier are drive-in sites.
Self-contained Cabins - located at lakeside camping area: All cabins include: 1 Queen Size bed, 1 Bunk bed (2 singles) & 1 sofa bed/click clack (single us only), modern kitchens with oven & stove, microwave, ensuite, colour TV and verandahs overlooking the camping grounds and lake foreshores.Each cabin can sleep up to 5 people each.Cabins are supplied with linen.No pets allowed inside or on verandahs.
Bunkhouse Complex - Located at Lookout camping area - 8 rooms comprising: Bunkhouse Rooms - 6 rooms - each sleep up to 4 people in 2 sets of bunks + 1 room sleeps 2 in 1 set of bunks.
Bunkhouse Family Room - 1 room sleeps up to 6 people in 1 x Queen Size bed, 2 x sets of bunks.Minimum 2 night stay - Linen not included. Sleeps up to 32 people in total.Shared toilet and bathroom facilities. Communal Kitchen and dining area. No pets allowed inside or on verandah. Linen hire service available to be paid on check-in.
The Lake Boondooma Caravan & Recreational Park - features ultra-modern camping grounds, self-contained cabins and a caravan park.
- Wood and electric fired barbecues
- A modern safe children's playground
- A plethora of picnic areas
- Centrally located kiosk
- 2 Well maintained public boat ramps
- Self-contained cabins with queen beds, modern kitchens, ensuites, colour TVs, and verandahs overlooking the camping grounds and lake foreshores, each capable of sleeping up to 5 people
- A communal bunkhouse with an adjoining air-conditioned dining room, modern commercial kitchen, showers and toilets.
- A modern caravan park with powered sites, hot water showers, laundry facilities and grey water dump point
- Un-powered lakeside camping facilities with amenities
- A tennis court (Lookout Campground) that's free for campers to use during the day, and for a nominal fee at night (to cover court lighting costs)
Address40 Bushcamp Road
via Proston, Queensland, 4613
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsenvoy.emigrated.outbidWondai, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/