The site of Honeysuckle Creek lies within the huge Namadgi National Park, which covers a sizeable portion of the Australian Capital Territory. After the tracking station buildings were demolished, a camping ground was established immediately adjacent to the old main gate. It is a basic bush campground that is not suitable for caravans or motorhomes. It is suitable for only for swags, tents and camper trailers. Caravans are not permitted. There is a maximum stay of three nights here.
- Separate areas for organised groups, campervans and small private parties.
- Covered shelter with seats, fireplace and gas barbecue
- Shared wood fire pits
- Firewood not provided, bring your own supply
- Composting toilets
- Rainwater provided
- Sealed road access
- Access to the historic Honeysuckle Tracking Station
- Walking track to Booroomba Rocks/Orroral Ridge.
- Cost: $8.00 per person, children under 15 years free, $4.15 per person for community/non-profit groups. For more information visit Fees and Charges.
- Bookings essential. Three night limit. Book at Namadgi Visitor Centre in person, by phone, fax or online through the ACT Government Online Bookings System.
Tharwa, Australian Capital Territory, 2620
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsmankind.devices.firmsMacarthur, Australian Capital Territoryhttps://what3words.com/