Rummery Park campground is a small but well-equipped spot for camping near Byron Bay and Lismore.
This campground, ideal for families, is the perfect place to base yourself if you want to enjoy the many fantastic trails within Whian Whian State Conservation Area and Nightcap National Park. From here, you can take a short walk along Boggy Creek track to the beautiful Minyon Falls lookout. You can also go car touring or birdwatching, or just sit back and enjoy a peaceful, relaxing camping experience.
Make friends with the kookaburras resting in the surrounding gum, pine and kauri trees – you might even spot a koala while you’re looking. Other animals that visit the campground include goannas, lorikeets, and possums. When you’re hungry, strike up one of the gas barbecues at Rummery Park campground.
Getting There and Parking
Rummery Park campground is in the eastern precinct of Whian Whian State Conservation Area. Parking for 1 vehicle per booking is available in the Rummery Park campground carpark.
To get there:
From the eastern park entrance (via Rosebank):
- Take Minyon Drive, past Minyon Falls picnic area, over the causeway.
- Continue along Minyon Drive until you reach the Peates Mountain Road intersection
- Turn right into Peates Mountain Road and the campground is approximately 100m to the north.
From the southern park entrance on Nightcap Range Road (via Dunoon):
- Continue north up Nightcap Range Road to the top of the range
- Turn left into Peates Mountain Road and the campground is approximately 100m north.
- Please note that the Peates Mountain Road link to Gibbergunyah Range Road is now closed and is gated at Rummery Park.
Both entrances have directional signposting to the campground.
Tent, camper trailer site, caravan site, camping beside vehicle.
- Picnic tables
- BBQ facilities
What to Bring
Drinking water, cooking water, firewood.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking
- A minimum daily rate applies, which includes the first 2 occupants
- At Goanna Group campsite, the minimum daily rate includes the first 6 adults (16+ years) and 18 children (5 to 15 years).
- Check in after 2pm. Check out before 10am
- Mobile phone coverage is only available at the signposted sites on Minyon Drive (3.5km east) and Nightcap Range Road (2km south). You'll need to return to these sites to make a booking if you haven't already done so.
- This is a remote campground. Basic supplies are available at Bexhill and Clunes villages, 30 mins away.
- Goanna group campsite is a designated campground for groups of up to 24 people. It's a tent-only walk in area.
AddressPeates Mountain Road
Whian Whian, New South Wales, 2480
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsevoke.ferns.reductionFederal, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/