At the foot of Mount Yengo, Big Yango House provides a comfortable base for the whole family to discover the surrounding wilderness by foot, mountain bike or 4WD.
On your journey to the house, or as an excursion, drop into Finchley lookout for fantastic views across the landscape to Mount Yengo. At the nearby Finchley campground, take a short walk to see the incredible Aboriginal rock engravings, a reminder of the vast array of Aboriginal heritage sites in the area.
Once at the house, enjoy the remoteness and take in the stunning view over the surrounding valleys from the verandah. Relax, unwind and watch out for local wildlife like goannas and wombats passing by.
Big Yango House is a perfect base to explore the rich Aboriginal and natural heritage of Yengo National Park, as well as mountain biking, horse riding and birdwatching.
Accommodation type: House
Where: 7 Big Yengo Loop Trail, Yengo National Park, NSW, 2325 - in Yengo National Park
Maximum guests: 8
Facilities: Picnic tables, barbecue facilities, public phone, showers, toilets, electric power
What to bring: Bed sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, food supplies, drinking water, cooking water
Price : Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking
Minimum stay 2 nights. 3 nights over long weekends and school holidays. 4 nights over Easter.
To allow for cleaning, no check-ins are allowed on Wednesdays and Sundays, and no departures on Fridays and Saturdays.
For stays greater than 7 days, please call the Bulga office 02 6574 5555.
Bookings are not available from 1 November to the end of February each year. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Check in at 2pm. Check out at 10am. Fees may apply for late check out.
- Haddens Hall cabin is available for hire in conjunction with the house. The cabin sleeps up to 4 guests. Contact the National Parks Contact Centre to book.
- You'll get a PIN/combination number to access the main gate into Big Yango precinct and the house or cabin with your booking confirmation.
- The house is in a remote location so it’s a good idea to pick up your supplies before you arrive.
- Small cafes and convenience stores are available at Laguna and Wollombi townships, a 1 hour drive away.
Address7 Big Yengo Loop Trail
Yengo National Park, New South Wales, 2325
Coordinates & Contact Details-32.966763, 150.9018021300 072 757
what 3 wordszips.boundary.passagewayCessnock, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/