Bungonia campground gives you simple creature comforts and excellent camping facilities in a natural bushland setting within one of NSW’s most exciting national parks. Whether you’re caving over a wintery weekend, canyoning Bungonia or Jerrara Creek, rock climbing the limestone cliffs of Bungonia Slot Canyon, or tackling one of the many hiking trails on offer in the park, this campground is an ideal base to come and go from. Return from a day out in the wild to hot showers, an enclosed cooking area, and even gas heating in the camp kitchen over the winter months. There’s also a small conference room beside the kitchen available for hire. Kangaroos can be seen grazing at dusk and dawn, goannas emerge from hibernation to patrol the campground over summer, and koalas have been spotted in nearby trees. From here a loop around the Green track offers a great overview of the park.
Getting There and Parking
Bungonia campground is in the southern precinct of Bungonia National Park. To get there:
- From Bungonia follow Lookdown Road to the park entrance
- Register your intention at the campground office and check notices for any important updates
- After registering, drive past the park office and then take the first left
- Follow the road for approximately 500m to the campground entrance.
- Camper trailer site
- Caravan site
- Camping beside vehicle
- Picnic tables
- BBQ facilities
- Drinking water
- Showers and toilets
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500291 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- A minimum nightly rate applies, which includes the 2 occupants.
- Peak season: Beginning of September school holidays to end of April school holidays
- Off-peak season: Beginning of April school term to end of September school term (excluding school holidays, public holidays and long weekends).
- Bookings can be made for up to 10 people. Groups of 11 or more must complete a group application form and return it to Bungonia office.
- Check in after 12pm, check out 12pm. Fees may apply for late check outs.
- The campground is in a remote location so please make sure you arrive well-prepared.
AddressThe Lookdown Road
Bungonia, New South Wales, 2580
Coordinates & Contact Details-34.807203, 150.00259402 4827 4700
what 3 wordswholesome.opportune.redeyeGoulburn, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/