This is a beautiful historic church that has been lovingly converted into luxury accommodation.
Set within the original stone church is a stunning contemporary interior which provides a fantastic luxurious, country get away.
The Church @ Laggan is located on an elevated block on the edge of the historic village of Laggan, 8km outside Crookwell in the beautiful rolling hills of the southern highlands.
Built in 1876 from local stone and timber by the Presbyterian congregation surrounding Laggan the church was used until 1943. It was then bought by a local farmer and used as a shearing shed until the early 2000’s.
The original Church building is solid local granite buttressed walls with pointed arched timber windows and original handmade double entry doors. It sits on over an acre of lawn, with two stands of large eucalyptus trees and a courtyard of white cedars on the northern side, creating a shady haven for warmer days. The elevated position gives the church beautiful views over the picturesque village of Laggan and the hills beyond.
- Lounge Area - with wood fire, large lounge, 2 large tub chairs, coffee tables and iPod dock & speakers
- Dining Area - dining table for 6
- Study - desk and lamp
- TV area - with flat screen TV, Satellite TV tuner, BlueRay player, ipod connection, 3 seater lounge / sofa bed & single seater lounge / bed
- 2 Queen bed bedrooms - one is a mezzanine space within the main church, the other is a separate room. Freshly laundered bed linen, duvets and blankets provided
- Kitchen - with convection / microwave oven, fridge, dishwasher, cutlery, crockery, pots & pans, coffee espresso machine + plunger, sandwich hot plate, toaster, kettle
- Bathroom - with large free-standing bath, separate shower, WC, heat lamps and woodfire. Freshly laundered towels provided
- Laundry - with washer & dryer, ironing board & iron. Boot room / airlock at side entry for wet shoes and jackets
- Gardens - over an acre of garden / lawn area around the church
- Tea, coffee, milk, biscuits provided
- Books, jigsaws, kite and games provided.
- Quality Linen, sheets and towels are provided
- Coffee machine for ground coffee, not pods.
Address32 Laggan Road
Laggan, New South Wales, 2583
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsideas.lending.practitionerCrookwell, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/