Mt Dare Hotel is ideally situated on the Western edge of the Simpson Desert just 10km south of the Northern Territory border. We are at a cross road for travellers, visit Ayers Rock to the west, Alice Springs to the north, Queensland via the Simpson to the east and the Oodnadatta track and the Flinders Rangers to the south.
There is a UHF Repeater for your safety, this covers from New Crown Homestead (north) - Stephenson Creek (south) and half way to Dalhousie, Mt Dare Hotel monitors this channel, use it only to contact the hotel or where long distance (greater than 10 km) communication is required, NOT for vehicle to vehicle communication.
Most tracks with the exception of the Simpson Desert require minimal 4wd experience and are accessible by popular all wheel drive vehicles. If you do wish to tackle the Simpson moderate 4wd experience and a high clearance 4 wheel drive are necessary.
No Park Pass is required to visit the Mt Dare Hotel, it is required only for Dalhousie Springs and the Simpson Desert. These can be purchased from the Pub.
We have a great range of services and supplies that we are constantly improving to meet the demands of the Outback traveller, so come and say g'day to Dave & staff, we're your mates in the "real" Outback!
Set amongst natural bush, our spacious campground provides various sized sites catering for tents, caravans, campervans or swags. Native trees provide shade and privacy giving an air of peace and tranquillity. Toilet and hot shower facilities are provided. We have limited powered sites.
Please collect fire wood for camp fires before arriving at Mt Dare.
Accommodation consists of 6 basic cabins with no bathroom and 1 ensuited cabin. There is tea & coffee facilities as well as a fridge in most.
Meals are available from the bar, the scotch fillet is a winner everytime or you may prefer chicken breast accompanied by chips and veggies. Breakfast is also available in the new hotel. We have a full bar with 13 different beers, 10 wines & various spirits- including take-away.
The Mt Dare Hotel Garage not only has fuel but also stock a range of automotive fluids;
- Engine Oil
- Gear Oil
- Brake fluid
- Transmission/PWR Steering fluid
Services that Mt Dare can offer are;
- Old Man Emu Shock absorbers for most “popular vehicles”
- Heavy duty Off road trailer spring kits, what you should've fitted in the first place!
- Jerry cans (non approved containers are not allowed to be filled with fuel)
- Puncture repairs, new & 2nd hand tyres available
- A range of Auto accessories such as ARB tyre plug kits, air pressure gauges, snatch straps as well as air compressors, sand flags and shovels
- Camping gear, swags, sleeping bags, OzTent chairs, Hillbilly cooking gear, disposable gas cylinders
- Welding and other repairs for vehicles and trailers
- and if Mt Dare does not have what you need we can get it for you.
Mt Dare Hotel offers a recovery service with our Ute or truck, whether you're bogged or broken down with your 4x4 or trailer we can help you. as far away as the Simpson Desert or Madigan Line.
Mt Dare, South Australia, 5734
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsmigraines.circulars.pencilAputula, Northern Territoryhttps://what3words.com/