East Kunderang Homestead is a historic cedar slab homestead, built in the 1890s, set spectacularly among the mountains and valleys of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Once part of an extensive grazing property, its existence tells a fascinating story of European occupation of the north coast and pioneer life on an isolated pastoral station. It's also an important part of the Aboriginal history of the area. The historic homestead has been carefully restored to provide comfortable heritage accommodation for up to 14 people. There are five bedrooms, a lounge and dining room, a modern kitchen and two bathrooms, so there is plenty of room for a family or group of friends. There are also lots of activities to keep you occupied, including swimming and paddling or a spot of fishing in the nearby river, as well as easy walking tracks and opportunities for birdwatching. The homestead’s wide verandah is the perfect place for relaxing in the afternoon sun, enjoying the view and splendid isolation of the property.
Getting There and Parking
East Kunderang Homestead is by the Macleay River in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. To get there:
- Drive 112km east of Armidale via Wollomombi and the Kempsey Road
- Access to the homestead is along steep gravel roads so a 4WD is required
- The homestead is a 2.5hr drive from Armidale.
- Detailed drive notes are available after booking
- All roads require a 4WD vehicle
- Picnic tables
- BBQ facilities
- Public phone
- Showers and toilets
What to Bring
Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500271&_ga=2.15480182.1553380479.1621207125-2051782135.1568159389 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
- Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- Friday to Monday, minimum 3 nights.
- Monday to Friday, minimum 4 nights.
- Monday to Monday or Friday to Friday, minimum 7 nights.
- Access to the homestead is along steep gravel roads so a 4WD is required.
- Check in after 2pm, check out before 10am.
- You'll get a PIN code to access the property after you book. Contact the National Parks Contact Centre if you don't receive your code.
- The homestead is in a remote location. Please be thoroughly prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment, and tell a family member or friend about your travel plans.
Address1529 East Kunderang Road
Jeogla, New South Wales, 2350
Coordinates & Contact Details-30.816403, 152.14466602 6738 9100
what 3 wordssorrow.bumped.beneathArmidale, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/