The Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located deep within the Great Victoria Desert on the Great Central Road. We are extremely pleased to offer travellers to this unique part of Australia a wide range of products and services. Carol and Ross look forward to welcoming all intrepid travellers bold enough to journey across the The Great Central Road (GCR) - looking to explore what is a “bucket list” trip for many. The longest shortcut in Australia is the “Outback Way”, a shortcut from Winton, Qld to Laverton, WA. Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located 300kms EAST of Laverton and is a welcome respite for weary travellers. Stop in just to say g’day, have a look at the wonderful collection of photos on the walls or to sample some of the roadhouse tucker (not to mention the best burgers in all of WA – and maybe the world!) Or, even better still, pull up and stay for the night. There is nothing quite like a cold beer or a refreshing glass of wine at the end of a dusty day, sitting around a campfire and gazing up at the most amazing displays of stars. Don’t forget to BYO! We, the managers and staff of Tjukayirla Roadhouse, are committed to providing the best service, the cleanest facilities, and the most AWESOME food on the whole of the GCR.
We promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Diesel and Opal* fuel (* Opal is a replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here)
- A range of accommodation options to suit everyone from the budget back-packer to the discerning. Click here to learn more about our accommodation options.
- The famous Tjuka Burger - [Click for a Larger Image]
- The Famous Tjuka (Chooka) Works Burger $18 ($20 with chips)
- A well stocked store offering basic food and personal items.
- Full roadhouse takeaway menu including burgers, hot chips, toasted sandwiches, fish & chips and much more. We cook 7 days a week from Opening to 30 minutes before close – food is tasty, fresh and prepared to order.
- Have you tried the famous Tjuka Burger yet?
- Self Service tyre changing equipment and air compressor (no gauge).
- 24 hour power provided by Genset.
- An after-hours service from close until 7pm - $20 opening fee per vehicle . No early opening, sorry!
- Very reasonably priced camping facilities.
Caravan and Camping Sites
- Large drive-through powered sites with 24hr power provided by Genset
- Camp fire area
- We try to provide firewood if time permits, please bring some if you can – it would be much appreciated.
- Tap water on sites
- Free BBQ facilities
- Excellent camp kitchen facilities
- Billabong Common TV room with large screen
- Large Clean ablution block with spacious hot showers
AddressGreat Central Road
Neale, Western Australia, 6440
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordscraziness.unwraps.chunksNeale, Western Australiahttps://what3words.com/