Pack a picnic, pull up your caravan or pitch a tent and enjoy the peaceful surroundings offered by this remote bush campground and picnic area. Wander down to the creek and try your luck fossicking for topaz, beryl or quartz. Or just sit back and enjoy the sounds of running waters as you watch out for the local birdlife with your camera ready. Is that a Turquoise Parrot nesting in trees in the distance? If you’re feeling energetic and ready to explore, why not go for a short and easy walk to see the stunning wildflower displays along the Ugly Corner Falls walking track. When you’re done exploring, head back to your campsite, get a fire going for a hot chocolate and barbecue dinner. Then let the night sounds of the bush rock you to sleep before another day of adventure begins.
Getting There and Parking
Blatherarm campground is in the north-eastern precinct of Torrington State Conservation Area. To get there:
- After passing through the township of Torrington take a right turn at the old pub into Silent Grove Road
- Follow for approximately 10km to the Blatherarm Road turnoff on your right
- After 1.5km you will see access on your left to the campsite areas 1 and 2. To access campsite area 3 you will need a 4WD to cross the creek.
Parking is available at Blatherarm campground and picnic area.
- Camper trailer site
- Caravan site
- Camping beside vehicle
- Picnic tables
- BBQ facilities
Bookings are required. Book online at https://nsw.rezexpert.com/book?business_code=500678&_ga=2.219936473.1553380479.1621207125-2051782135.1568159389 or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- Sites are not powered.
- Access to campsite areas 1 and 2 is 2WD accessible
- Access to campsite area 3 is 4WD accessible only. Area 3 is not suitable for caravans.
- This campground is in a remote location, please ensure you are thoroughly prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment and tell a family member or friend about your travel plans.
AddressSilent Grove Road
Torrington, New South Wales, 2371
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsmagnified.rejoiced.hypeGlen Innes, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/