Cleaverville is a popular spot for camping or day trips - just 20 minutes north-west of Karratha.
Cleaverville features a number of ideal sites for camping and day trips, and great fishing sports off the beach and at the mouth of the Cleaverville Creek. The camp area offers a natural boat ramp, public toilets for day users and sullage disposal points. Bring plenty of drinking water as there is none available on-site.
Camping season: 1 May to 30 September
A current list of camping fees is available at https://karratha.wa.gov.au/camping. A maximum stay of 28-days applies within any three month period.
Off season: 1 October to 30 April
No fees apply during off season. However, the maximum length of stay is three nights per 28-days.
The campsite can be closed at any time should the safety of the campers be threatened. During the cyclone season (November to April) the camp sites will be closed from the Blue Alert until the all clear is given again.
Conditions of Camping
- Caretakers, rangers and Police are authorised officers and as such, their lawful direction must be followed
- No potable water available on-site
- Each campsite must have a chemical toilet; on-site toilets are for day users only
- Sullage disposal points are available
- During camping season, check in with the caretaker to be directed to a suitable site
- Camp only within the existing camp sites
- Site must be left tidy and clear on departure
- Bins are for household rubbish only; rubbish must be placed in the bins or removed
- Wrap and bin fish offal; do not discard in the water or around the beach and camp areas
- Bring your own firewood for cooking fires; no existing foliage to be damaged
- No open fires of any kind on very high or higher fire danger days
- Antisocial behaviour is not tolerated
- Dogs are permitted under provisions of the Dog Act 1976
- Be courteous with the use of generators; switch off between 10pm and 6am
- Drive only on existing tracks; watch for wildlife, vehicles and pedestrians.
Addressvia North West Coastal Highway
Cleaverville, Western Australia, 6714
Coordinates & Contact Details-20.654273, 117.01647808 9186 8555
what 3 wordsdented.cubicles.facingRoebourne, Western Australiahttps://what3words.com/