Stay for a week-end or longer. The Retreat is a true wilderness escape - just two hours drive from Brisbane. It doesn't make sense to leave home if you then have to contend with a congested camping ground. There is no wrong time to visit. Every season shows a different aspect of the bush and the mountains; and no phone, WiFi access or internet access - bliss;
They offer 3 camping area's, the main camping area and a choice of two other secluded camp sites. They also offer dormitory style accommodation in spacious cabins that sleep 8 persons, basic but comfortable.
At 750m, Mt Barney Wilderness Camping is adjacent on two sides to Mt Barney National Park. It’s 117km from Brisbane CBD. A 4WD/SUV is needed to access the property as there is a 5km stretch of dirt road from the Council Reserve at the bottom of the hill up to the locked gate.
Three Features of camping here:
- Along with the main camping area, there is a choice of two other secluded camp sites;
- There are three fabulous lookout walks to choose from: sunrise, sunset and the big rock; and
- They are the closest to Mt Barney NP, Upper Portals: a place of permanent running water, swimming holes and rapids.
Five Benefits of camping here:
- Charges are all-inclusive: hot showers, kitchen/cooking facilities, BBQ’s and pizza oven;
- No need to bring cooking gear or crockery/cutlery as we have a well-equipped kitchen;
- A bush hall for meals and big get-togethers:
- Space for kids to run 'wild'; and
- Yes they are pet friendly!
Mt Barney Wilderness Camping offers basic but comfortable bush facilities in keeping with their wilderness location.
- Bush hall;
- Covered campfire;
- Three amenity buildings with hot showers and a disabled toilet facility;
- A fully functional and fully operational kitchen;
- Lighting and AC power:and
- 63,000 litres of rainwater storage.
AddressWaterfall Creek Road
Maroon, Queensland, 4310
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsbackbone.hotline.blackboardCedar Vale, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/