Lake Lenthall is a great destination for a family barbecue, a spot of fishing and perhaps a peaceful bushwalk.Visitors can enjoy the picnic area near the dam overlooking the lake. The lake attracts a plethora of native flora and fauna and bird-watching is a must. Look out for the rare Black Breasted Button Quail. There is also a viewing platform above the spillway that can be accessed on foot.
Short stay camping - up to three (3) days/two (2) nights - is permitted. The maximum number of campers at any one time is eighteen (18) plus up to six (6) self contained camper vehicles that have waste storage facilities. The number of campers is limited to the capacity of the on-site sewage treatment facilities to protect the main drinking water source of Hervey Bay.
Lake Lenthall Camping Rules
- Campers are required to bring their own drinking water as there is none available on site. There is also no electricity.
- Maximum 2 nights stay. Site check-in time is 11am and departure time is 10am.
- Generators not permitted.
- No detergents can be used in the lake. Washing sinks are available behind the top toilets.
- Open fires are prohibited in the recreation area. Please remember your gas cooker.
- All food scraps and fish carcases are to be wrapped prior to placing in rubbish bins.
- Camping areas are to be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- No parking or driving on grassed areas.
- Noise to be kept to a minimum after 9pm.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their children within the camping/recreational area.
- Children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to the amenities.
- It is the responsibility of all campers to secure and make safe their own possessions.
- Domestic pets are not permitted at Lake Lenthall.
- There are no waste dumping facilities at Lake Lenthall.
Booking a site
- As placed are limited, pre-booking of sites is required.
- A non-refundable booking fee of 50% of the camping fee is payable at time of booking.
- To book a site, visitors can contact the Lake Lenthall Ranger Office on (07) 4129 4833.
There are no public phones at Lake Lenthall. The nearest fuel, bait and tackle supplies are at service stations along the Bruce Highway.
Visitors will need to bring their own drinking water.
AddressKellogum Forestry Road
Duckinwalla, Queensland, 4650
Coordinates & Contact Details-25.40348, 152.53308507 4129 4833
what 3 wordscoded.bazaars.defectorsMaryborough, Queenslandhttps://what3words.com/