Cumberland River Holiday Park is situated right on the Great Ocean Road at Cumberland River, 7kms South West of Lorne.
The Park is nestled in a lush green valley between cliffs and rolling mountains, bordered by the Cumberland River, where it flows through rock pools and sandy sections into the Southern Ocean.
We are ‘in the bush’ and do not have the electricity supply we all take for granted. We generate our own electricity with a diesel generator, charging a bank of 24 batteries which in turn convert their energy to around 240 volts through a series of inverters. It is for this reason that the cabins are fitted with 1 low amp. power point, suitable for charging phones, batteries, computers etc.
Our water supply is from the river and is pumped to 2 large storage tanks, high in the hills, which gravity feed to the park.
- Over 95 well-grassed and flat unpowered camping and van sites.
- Luxury African Safari Style Tents
- Ensuite Cabins
- Deluxe Cabins
- Two amenity blocks (showers require 20c for 5 minutes of hot water.)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Well-stocked kiosk for milk, bread, papers, drinks, ice creams, ice, fire wood and LPG gas bottle refilling
- Undercover gas BBQs.