Situated at the foot of dormant volcano Mt Shadwell, Mortlake is the centre of the rich agricultural and pastoral Great South Coast region of Victoria.
From fishing to gem fossicking in the volcanic rocks of Mt Shadwell, Mortlake has it all. The thriving rural town on the Hamilton Highway has a variety of eating spots, great sporting facilities including a 50-metre swimming pool, skate park, historic bluestone precinct and a relaxed country atmosphere.
Mortlake Caravan Park is ideally situated within the beautiful Tea Tree Lake reserve and gardens and provides ample open space for leisurely strolls or for the kids to play. Centrally located and within walking distance to all attractions, Mortlake Caravan Park is a great base for exploring the town, trying your luck at trout fishing in Tea Tree Lake and gem fossicking at Mount Shadwell.
Features of the park
- The park features 36 powered and 20 unpowered sites to accommodate your travelling needs
- Adjacent to Tea Tree Lake – an 8 acre parkland which is a popular spot for picnics, walking and barbeques. It is great to wildlife watching and catching fish and yabbies, too.
- A barbeque to cook up the day’s catch, or sit back in tranquil surrounds and enjoy a sausage in bread
- A resident caretaker is at the park to answer any questions, or to offer tips to get the most out of your stay
- A pet friendly park where man and dog can holiday in harmony
- Located close to Mount Shadwell where you can fossick for olivine – a very unique experience for all who visit Mortlake
- A short walk to the town centre, where the bluestone buildings can be experiences as you meander around the History Trail
- The park is close to the 50 metre swimming pool which offers the perfect place to cool down in the warmer months
Facilities at the park
The park boasts all of the facilities that visitors come to expect on their coastal adventures. These include:
- 36 powered sites
- 20 unpowered sites
- Dog friendly
- BBQ facilities
- Laundry facilities
Mortlake, Victoria, 3272
Coordinates & Contact Details
what 3 wordsmasked.concludes.desolationAllansford, Victoriahttps://what3words.com/