Temporarily closed 18.5.2021 LS
This quiet campground is popular with families and 4WD tourers and makes a great base for enjoying walking tracks into Guy Fawkes River National Park.
Number of campsites: 10
Camping type: Tent, Camper trailer site, Camping beside my vehicle
Facilities: Picnic tables, barbecue facilities, toilets
- This campground is suitable for groups but there are noise restrictions.
- This is a remote campground, so please make sure you arrive well-prepared.
- Sites are not powered.
- Sites are not marked.
Bookings are not available for this campground.
At this remote, yet welcoming campground, you can camp among the tall forest or at grassy campsites nestled next to the quaint Chaelundi Creek, which is also a lovely spot to swim and paddle when the weather is hot.
The campground is popular with families and 4WD tourers and there’s lots of open space in the campground where kids can play games. It’s an ideal base camp for exploring the walking tracks into the Guy Fawkes River and along the escarpment.
Once you set up camp, head off to the Escarpment walk to view the spectacular Chaelundi Falls and Lucifers Thumb lookouts, with remarkable 180-degree views out over the park and Guy Fawkes River.
Red-neck wallabies frequent the campground and threatened brush-tailed rock wallabies can often be seen sunning themselves on the cliffs nearby. The creek is also home to the endangered New England tree frog.
To get there:
- From Dorrigo: Take the Tyringham Road through to the Grafton/Armidale RoadTurn right onto the Grafton/Armidale Road, travel 4km and turn left at Dundurrabin onto Sheepstation Creek Road (gravel road starts).6km along Sheepstation Creek Road, turn left onto Chaelundi Road.Travel 17km along Chaelundi Road, then turn left onto Misty Creek Road.The campground is 11km down Misty Creek Road
- From Grafton: Take Grafton/Armidale Road, travel 81km and turn right at Dundurrabin onto Sheepstation Creek Road (gravel road starts).6km along Sheepstation Creek Road, turn left onto Chaelundi Road.Travel 17km along Chaelundi Road, then turn left onto Misty Creek Road.The campground is 11km down Misty Creek Road
- From Ebor: Take Grafton/Armidale Road east for 15kmTurn left at Hernani onto Marengo Road and proceed for 11km (gravel road starts).Turn right onto Hardens Road and proceed for 12kmTurn left onto Chaelundi Road and proceed for 7kmTurn left onto Misty Creek RoadThe campground is 11km down Misty Creek Road
Vehicle access:Unsealed road/trail - 2WD vehicles dry weather only
The Gulf, New South Wales, 2365
Coordinates & Contact Details-30.0683, 152.333202 6657 2309
what 3 wordsvaguer.crops.bravoDorrigo, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/