Located on the foreshore of Copeton Dam, 17 kilometres from Inverell on the Auburn Vale Road. The reserve is operated as a primitive camping area with a limited number of powered and unpowered sites, a small shower and toilet block situated at the entrance to the reserve.
The reserve has a resident caretaker/ranger and a small kiosk which stores ice, gas, drinks, bait and other basic provisions. NSW Fishing Licenses available for purchase from caretaker/ranger.
- No Eftpos Facilities are available on site.
- Mobile service in this area is limited.
- Hot Showers.
Entry Fee Day Visitors:
- Per Vehicle $5.00
- Bus Less than 20 People $15.00
- Bus More than 20 People $30.00
- Copeton Northern Foreshores Annual Vehicle Pass $60.00
- Unpowered Site (2 Adults & 2 Children) Per Night $15.00
- Powered Site (2 Adults & 2 Children) Per Night $20.00
- Extra Person Per Adult $2.00
- Extra Person Per Child $1.00
- Sites to be vacated by 10am.
- No littering – sites to be kept clean. All garbage to be wrapped or bagged and placed in bins provided.
- No firearms or prohibited weapons.
- No unattended fires.
- No Wood Cutting or chainsaws.
- Small dogs permitted at caretaker’s discretion (conditions apply).
- No motorbikes.
- No generators in powered sites.
- Generators in unpowered sites not to be used between 10pm & 7am.
- Large camp of 2 dwellings or more must be confined to the designated area and have an accessible rubbish point.
- Vehicles not to exceed 20km per hour.
- Visitors are responsible for their own property.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behaviour. Minors are to be supervised at all times.
- Persons riding bikes, scooters or skate boards must wear a helmet.
- Noisy, unruly or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated; offending parties will be removed from reserve.
- No permanent campers/caravans.
Auburn Vale Road
Copeton, New South Wales, 2360
02 6723 0250
What 3 Words
Gilgai, New South Wales